[Noisebridge-discuss] Sunlight may disinfect.

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 00:10:34 UTC 2019

I do love Mitch.  Always will.  He was a great inspiration for me in
several moments and teached me a lot of fun stuff.  Now my hair is purple,
hihihi...

He already know all these things, but I never had courage enough to tell
him that I just left my hackerspace after several months of really,
*really* violent bullying...  Almost a complete year.  It was so surreal,
so unbelievable and deeply sad...

He knows how much I loved that place and my friends.  I died inside when I
left "Garoa Hacker Clube" (Sao Paulo, Brazil) exactly at 21:02, in June,
02, 2016.  And I was stupid enough for trying a kind of "return" in the
last year because I missed a lot "my second home" and a few persons.
D'oooh!  Stupid girl, very stupid!  ;P

The bullying was hundred of times worse this time, with guys and several
*girls* sending me lots of horrible Private Messages on Telegram, on my
inbox, menaces of banning, a lot of horrible leaks showing lies, conspiracy
against members, and who really were "my dear hackerspace friends"...

A lot of gaslighting burning my hopes, my love, my life...  I cried for
months and all my tears were not enough to stop the hateful fire garbage.

I tried to fight and organize events again, but the PTS  (Post Traumatic
Stress)  and the pain were stronger than my wish of trying to teach
"Electronics For Girls" and make events about "Privacy" under the legal
point of view.  (I am a lawyer, but I swear I am honest and cute!  :P)

Since I left the hackerspace in 2016, they never celebrated again several
special occasions like "Ada Lovelace's Day", "Aaron's Day", "Hour of Code",
etc, and now some f* members prohibited InfoTech classes and events.  How
to discuss Privacy without talking about Security?  It's illogical,
ridiculous!  :((((

Uff, it was too much, so I gave up.  I am still burning and wounding the
tips of my fingers while I try to learn how to become a gorgeous maker in
open public spaces, with less material and technical structure, but I am
happier now.

Mitch will always have a place in my heart and in my home.  For now, it is
still Sao Paulo, but I will move soon like him did, searching for some
peace...  Another point in common with my idol.  Unfortunately.

Tender kisses and straight hugs from Brazil, dear all...  <3

Ceci
Ex-Member of "Garoa Hacker Clube"
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Loving.  Caring.  Sharing.  Being Excellent To Each Other And To Our
Hackerspace.  <3
"Don't let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your
curiosity.  It's your place in the world; it's your life.  Go on and do all
you can with it, and make it the life you want to live."  -  Mae Jemison