[Powerstation-discuss] Internet box?

Dana S. dsniezko at sonic.net
Fri Dec 9 21:13:22 UTC 2011

I spent about an hour and a half digging through the DPW yard this morning
but it was largely in vain!  I turned over a lot of belongings and tents,
found many of the fixtures from the comms tent but none of the electronics
 that were familiar; no solar panels, no cameras, no dc-dc converts, no
internet box (or signal). I still haven't managed to get a hold of Guy,
but wonder if this gear was taken by someone else, thrown away, or being
held at a different location (I asked, people on site didn't know).
Despite occupy having at least nine auto or marine batteries around camp I
did not see a single one at the DPW yard.

I got there by bus (the 19 stops nearby) and walked around to that weird
gate behind the usps place, was later told a second gate, on Kansas Street
at Cesar Chavez is the best place to enter. It's further from the actual
site of all the stuff but they have a table with claim forms you can fill
out, you will be escorted in.

Every rank and file DPW employee I met was super sympathetic and helpful,
but higher ups were a bit gruff and paranoid. If you go: wear clothing you
don't mind getting dirty, work gloves, sturdy shoes (hiking or work
boots), sunblock.