[Powerstation-discuss] Hackupy - PowerStation project

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Nov 18 22:57:17 UTC 2011

Sorry for not responding sooner, been busy as hell.

Chris Jefferies wrote, On 2011-11-17 22:44:
> My initial thought was that the PowerStation project was about trying
> to provide a way to charge mobile devices at the local Occupy sites.
> Were there any initial ideas?  Solar? Battery? Batteries charged from
> AC and replaced each day?

Powerstation was the name of the 12V to USB charger we built at
Noisebridge a little while ago, since then this list has sort of turned
towards general discussion of tech and infrastructure Noisebridge is
providing to the Occupancy here. And now I suppose a list for other
hackerspaces to collaborate on projects. :)

Current projects we sort of have going...

* Powerstation USB charger, which I haven't seen or heard of in a long
long long time.
* The 12V bike powered battery charger, I think was co Noisebridge co
Rock the Bike
* 12V car battery recharging station, recharging batteries for the movement
* Noisebridge Tents, these went from being a place Noisebridge could
teach and work from to being very much occupied by people wanting to
sleep and smell
* Internet in a Box, WiMax, WIFI, to a car battery

I'm hoping we can get a little more documentation on the wiki about what
all these projects entail soon.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net