[Powerstation-discuss] Hi from Tokyo Hackerspace

Akiba chris at freaklabs.org
Fri Nov 18 01:25:07 UTC 2011

Hi everyone.

This is Akiba from Tokyo Hackerspace. I just joined this mailing list and
hope to talk about things Tokyo Hackerspace can do to assist on the tech
side of the occupy effort. Three things we're working on right now:

1)       Phone chargers - We have phone charger kits that we made after the
tsunami to take power from car batteries and convert it to 5V to charge
phones with. We sent 4 kits with MCT and the schematics can be found here:

http://taylanayken.wordpress.com/2011/06/25/12v-phone-charger-v2-0/

2)       FM radio transmitter - We're investigating a small FM radio
transmitter that can be used to broadcast people that are speaking locally.
At Zucotti Park, we heard that hearing is very difficult and the human mic
relay is being used. A full PA system will be difficult to have as a
portable system so a small FM transmitter of about 1W or so might be a
better option to broadcast to everyone.

3)       Centralized link repository - Simple, but there is no centralized
place we found for information. We're going to try and collect links into a
centralized wiki repo.

That's what we're working on right now. Let us know if there is anything
else that we can assist with too.

Akiba

FreakLabs Open Source Wireless

Web: http://www.freaklabs.org