[Python] Python Class 12/4 - Pyflame

James Addison jay at jp-hosting.net
Mon Dec 4 05:16:52 UTC 2017

Hey folks,

In tomorrow's Noisebridge Python class, we'll cover how to use the open
source tool Pyflame to analyze the runtime performance of Python code and
identify areas for improvement.

Profiling is a great way to figure out why your program is spending ages
doing ???? instead of / as well as doing what you expect it to.  And this
class will show you how to create flamegraphs
<http://www.brendangregg.com/flamegraphs.html> to make it (relatively) easy
to see where that unknown execution time is going.

We'll get started at Noisebridge on Monday (tomorrow) evening at 7pm - just
bring yourself & any and all questions you have about performance
optimizing Python code.

See you there!
Jay