[Rack] dnsmasq restarted on r00ter

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Wed Apr 28 00:29:47 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Jonathan Lassoff's message of Tue Apr 27 17:13:36 -0700 2010:
>> Hmm... something's awry. It seems that I can't reach things out on the
>> internet through the monkeybrains link on gorilla (the monkeybrains
>> router/soekris).
>>
>> I'll switch the DHCP server on r00ter to serve out leases to route out
>> through it (and Sonic.net) instead, until we can figure out what's up.
>
> Actually, I couldn't figure out how to get hosts' existing leases to
> expire, so instead I set gorilla's default route to go through r00ter
> instead (hackety hack..).
> I also killed the dhcp daemon on gorilla so that route doesn't get
> overwritten.

Someone was torrenting on our network and miloh reports he couldn't
find a machine in the space matching the description I gave him.  That
might have wedged dnsmasq.

I made this change to ap2 to kick them off our network temporarily:

ap2#sh arc c d nvram:startup-config system:running-config
Contextual Config Diffs:
interface Dot11Radio0
 +bridge-group 1 input-address-list 700
+access-list 700 deny 0022.faf9.33ea 0000.0000.0000
+access-list 700 permit 0000.0000.0000 ffff.ffff.ffff