[Rack] Network Weirdness

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Apr 7 21:51:43 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Jonathan Lassoff's message of Tue Apr 06 19:33:41 -0700 2010:
> I've heard a couple of complaints in-person and on-list about the
> network at 2169.

Ok, I think I'm getting a better idea as to what's causing the WAN
network to suck harder recently.

Since we switched the DHCP server to send leases to users to use the
soekris connected to monkeybrains, outbound traffic is no longer put
through classification, marking, and QoS policies (never got around to
implementing these on the new soekris. Doh!)

If anyone's interested in some pf hackery, I hope to spend some time
fixing this up tomorrow (Thurs.) afternoon.

Cheers,
jof