[Rack] Embedded-Linux mailing list

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Dec 3 22:32:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 10:23:50AM -0800, Corey McGuire wrote:
> I would like to request this again.  We have been meeting Thursday for a
> month, minus Thanksgiving.
>
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 7:04 AM, Corey McGuire <coreyfro at coreyfro.com>wrote:
>
> > I would like to start an Embedded Linux List at NoiseBridge.
> >
> > Listname : Tiny-Tux
> > Listowner : tiny-tux at coreyfro.com
> > Subject : Embedded Linux and Android Development on Embedded Platforms,
> > exploration and development of Linux capable embedded hardware.

As ever, mailing a list is a better way to start a discussion about
stuff and get shit done, rather than mailing an individual.

The name "tiny-tux" doesn't strike me as a very obvious name for the
list.  Is there a better name we can use?  linux at lists ?  I suppose
android at lists is not great, since you're looking at many platforms not
just the peculiar Android stack.

embedded at lists ?
headless at lists ?

other suggestions?

I'll go with tiny-tux if nothing better comes up, though. :)

The group charter sounds great!  Thanks for getting it up and running!

-andy