[Rack] who manages the webserver?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sun Dec 12 09:23:35 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 01:05:14AM -0800, Patrick Keys wrote:
> who manages the webserver and www.noisebridge.net website?

I'm one of the admins of that box.

> I ask because I'm curious if the webserver runs mysql.

Yes, but only for the mediawiki install.

> I'm also want to see about some potential cron scripts.

Run a separate database and cron somewhere else.  VMs are cheap, it's
2011 -- AWS will give you a small VM for like $5/mo for the first year.
We can stick a name in DNS if you'd like.  Or you can stick it on pony,
but that's just some random box in a closet at 2169.

> More to the point, I personally wrote the noisebridge android app:
> http://avsquid.com/apps/android/noisebridge-beta-1.apk
>
> I would like to have a source (like a database or file) so the app can
> pull a calendar of noisebridge events.

That sounds cool!  There's a calendar on Google Calendar that some
people use; maybe that could be your first datasource?

-andy