[Rack] Sonic down?

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Oct 13 23:33:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 4:14 PM, miloh <froggytoad at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the ISP we actually pay for!  Let's ask support about it and try to
> get equipment that will handle under the load.
> I think Noisebridge pays for the home rate bonded DSL fusion pair from Sonic
> at $100/month.  This uses 2 phone lines.  Please extend phone lines
> appropriately.

Whoa, I'm surprised by this. Are we actually getting two bonded pairs?
The performance seems like one pair's worth to me. Though I was never
part of the line setup, so I don't know. If we're paying for two, I'm
down to set that up if it's not already.

> Also, if we have a phone type unit for it, we can call '611'
> to get customer service on a standard phone hooked up to the line.

Are these not just dry pairs that Sonic runs their own service over? I
think we can only call 611 and ask for support on the copper if we're
paying for a phone number, and the DSL service is just unbundled.