[Rack] Sonic down?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed Oct 13 23:37:01 UTC 2010

miloh wrote, On 20101013 161409:
> This is the ISP we actually pay for!  Let's ask support about it and try to
> get equipment that will handle under the load.

Sure, but it'll take less time for us to just swap out the modems.

> I think Noisebridge pays for the home rate bonded DSL fusion pair from Sonic
> at $100/month.  This uses 2 phone lines.  Please extend phone lines
> appropriately.  Also, if we have a phone type unit for it, we can call '611'
> to get customer service on a standard phone hooked up to the line.

Nope, we have straight up Fusion, the Motorola modem we have doesn't
support a bonded line. Fusion runs off of its own circuit, there's no
voice service along with it. Additionally Sonic isn't a telco, if we did
get dial tone (which I'm pretty sure we wont) 611 would connect us to AT&T.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net