[Rack] Sonic down?

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Thu Oct 14 00:16:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Dr. Jesus <j at hug.gs> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:
>>> Also noticed Monkeybrains has been fucked for the past couple of days/weeks.
>>
>> THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR TOUCHING THE MODEM!!1
>>
>> Just joking... but in all seriousness, Sonic seems down.
>>
>> If it doesn't get solved by tonight, I'll see about stopping by and
>> checking out the situation.
>
> I already talked to Sonic and they're working with me on swapping the
> modem out.  Apparently it's a known problem with our particular modem.
>
> In the meantime, just reset the thing.  There's a ping feature in the
> power switch's web interface that can automatically do it when it
> detects the modem has lost its marbles.

The modem will be replaced either Friday or Monday depending on how fast UPS is.

I'm also going to order a DG834 for delivery at the end of the month.
The DG834 has the ability to run third party firmware, which will give
us additional O&M tools to use on the circuit.  Once I'm convinced the
DG834 is stable, I'll swap the new 2210 for it and we can keep the new
2210 around as a backup.