[Rack] [Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Github Account

Zephyr Pellerin zephyr.pellerin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 23:29:35 UTC 2011

A lot of people have fucked their duck on pony because of hg whilst only
knowing how to manipulate git repos. The relative merits of hg & git aren't
inconsequential, but it seems to me like git is the defacto winner that
doesn't have enough downsides not to standardize on it at NB. I suppose the
natural extension of that line of logic is to put everything on github as
the most popular (non-local) open source code repository, because lets get
real here - we all have better things to do than installing gitorious and
configuring postcomm hooks.

"

> I do have to say (without
> dropping any reasons why so I don't get myself into a flame war about
> religion) that it saddens me to see folks more and more switching to git
> over mercurial.

"

more like hg-ihaad, am I right?