[Rack] mchawking ip address broken

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Dec 20 22:36:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> I really want to get the public IP back up for mchawking, i was trying to
> use it to catch money thieves at noisebridge (its camera is pointed
> straight at the moneybox) but I have been unable to do so.  The only time
> i have to work on it is when i'm not at the space.  We can only wonder
> whether the money box was emptied by a member putting it into the bank, or
> a couchsurfing occupy oogle looking for a fix.
>
> What is so broken about the routing?  Can we switch back to the old router
> until the new one gets figured out?  Is there something I can do in the
> server room to physically route it back to its old IP address?
>
> somebody help!

Ben, when you have a chance, would you please confirm your Vyatta
configuration? My hunch is that the default route is still via
Monkeybrains, so when traffic comes in via Sonic.net, the NATed traffic is
still being routed out (and uRPF-dropped) via Monkeybrains.

This worked fine on r00ter -- you might consider reading through the
then-perfectly-functional pf.conf file and re-producing all of the past
configuration that was in there.

If need be, I can start looking at it, but I'm tempted to just bring r00ter
back.

Cheers,
jof