[Rack] AP on the building behind us

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Feb 17 02:40:04 UTC 2011

It's sounding to me like a Monkeybrains limitation,  then.

I've had a similar experience at home with a "circuit" of theirs. The speed
was great at first, but goodput has been deminishing over time. I assume
this is due to contention for RF bandwidth and time as more and more users
have been joining and connecting.

On Feb 16, 2011 6:24 PM, "Dr. Jesus" <j at hug.gs> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at ...
I'm pretty sure it's not the router.  At full speed it can talk to
local machines at about 8-9 Mbps, which is way faster than the
upstream goodput via monkeybrains.  I just checked again and it's
averaging about 4 mbps down and 240 kbps up goodput through
monkeybrains' network to a one of my utility boxes 6 hops away (via
cogent, ugh).