[Rack] Building some new electronics to open the gate?

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Nov 14 00:40:39 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:

> miloh wrote, On 2011-11-13 14:56:
> > --> just because it doesn't work for *you* doesn't mean it is *broken*
>
> It only working part of the time means we've got an inconsistency,
> there's an issue there. It would be nice if there wasn't, which is what
> this thread is about.

Well and we sure as heck don't even know what portion of the system is at
fault. Could the controller downstairs or the solenoid itself be getting
tired?

The outside of the relay/solenoid mounting is pretty sad. A jerk could get
at the cables from the outside -- the outside-facing face of the junction
box is poorly secured.

I'd sure as heck trust Noisebridge-made things over the junk mounting and
hardware downstairs.