[Rack] wiki/Network - updates

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed Sep 14 03:02:21 UTC 2011

So the direction I feel this should go is all VLANing could happen on
the wall o tubes, and the switch on the rack should be strictly for
fanning out the rest of the internal general network.

Right now the current switch on the wall is switch2 with 8 ports, all
being used. Things I think should be on a managed switch...

* Sonic DSL modem
* Monkeybrains uplink
* r00ter eth0
* r00ter eth1
* console board
* Cisco 1100 802.11bg
* Cisco 1100 802.11bg
* Powerstation 802.11a
* Pony
* Stallion
* Trunk to Linksys switch

We could swap switch2 for switch3 with 12 ports?

Anyhow, with this setup just as long as the wall stays lit we should
have wifi with internet for the whole space (nor currently possible) and
pony and stallion will still have access to the net.

How does this all sound?

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net