[Rack] Reformat Tahoe Node

Ben Kochie ben at nerp.net
Thu Sep 29 16:19:36 UTC 2011

I'd like to reformat the Tahoe node in preparations to merge the parts of
that machine with Pony.  Is there anything on the machine that I need to
save?

My plan to keep the power use in the rack to a minimum involves keeping us
down to one reasonably powerful box.  My plan is to setup a minimal
virtual machine OS and then copy Pony into a VM.  We can also have a Tahoe
node VM.

I'll be moving the 8GB of ram and 6T of disk over to the VM server.  I'll
possibly move the 2G of ram and one of the disks out of Pony and make it
into a decent desktop PC for people use instead of that crappy old shuttle
box.

-ben