[Rack] Reformat Tahoe Node

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Sep 29 17:10:20 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Ben Kochie <ben at nerp.net> wrote:
> I'd like to reformat the Tahoe node in preparations to merge the parts of
> that machine with Pony.  Is there anything on the machine that I need to
> save?
>
> My plan to keep the power use in the rack to a minimum involves keeping us
> down to one reasonably powerful box.  My plan is to setup a minimal
> virtual machine OS and then copy Pony into a VM.  We can also have a Tahoe
> node VM.
>
> I'll be moving the 8GB of ram and 6T of disk over to the VM server.  I'll
> possibly move the 2G of ram and one of the disks out of Pony and make it
> into a decent desktop PC for people use instead of that crappy old shuttle
> box.

Admittedly, I didn't setup that Tahoe node, though I've powered it up
once to poke around (long time ago -- months).

I think it's just setup with the software, ready to add to a public
grid or as a Noisebridge-private storage node.

What I *don't* know is whether or not there is any data on there that
should be saved.
I seem to remember Leif knowing more about it's pedigree. I'll CC him on this.

Cheers,
jof