[Rack] Mailing list request: noisebridge-release

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Apr 19 18:39:40 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM, miloh <froggytoad at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Ben Kochie <ben at nerp.net> wrote:
>> That's what noisebridge-announce is for.
>>

> I think he was following directions at the bottom of
> https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Mailinglist

Which is a page that also specifically calls out "-announce".

Personally, I'm in favor of fewer mailinglists, rather than more. The
more we add, the more we fracture our online mailinglist community.

As described, those type of announcements are probably appropriate for
-announce, provided that the signal-to-noise ratio is high enough.

e.g. "hey, I built this GPS implementation on an FPGA for
high-altitude ballooning. Here's the git repo ..." would be awesome to
get vs "Hey, I built some LED throwies last night. We're going to go
toss them on the fire escape tomorrow night" would be less exciting to
have filling mail spools.
(though now that I think of it, throwies are actually quite fun...).

--j