[Rack] Mailing list request: noisebridge-release

Wladyslaw Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 20:21:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
> Personally, I'm in favor of fewer mailinglists, rather than more. The
> more we add, the more we fracture our online mailinglist community.

In this case I think it's not such a fracture because it has a use
orthogonal to the other mailing lists, and people can continue to read
-discuss or -announce or whatever. The purpose of noisebridge-release
is to identify people working on interesting projects and encourage
them to keep developing and sharing them, and to help build a
community based on creating and collaborating. Too much of the
"community" at Noisebridge seems to be focused "we need a place to
cook and watch Youtube".