[Rack] Mailing list request: noisebridge-release

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Apr 19 20:34:01 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Wladyslaw Zbikowski
<embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
>> Personally, I'm in favor of fewer mailinglists, rather than more. The
>> more we add, the more we fracture our online mailinglist community.
>
> In this case I think it's not such a fracture because it has a use
> orthogonal to the other mailing lists, and people can continue to read
> -discuss or -announce or whatever. The purpose of noisebridge-release
> is to identify people working on interesting projects and encourage
> them to keep developing and sharing them, and to help build a
> community based on creating and collaborating. Too much of the
> "community" at Noisebridge seems to be focused "we need a place to
> cook and watch Youtube".

Sigh. This is what noisebridge-discuss@ _should_ be.

That said, I can see your point about making a list that's, like,
about actual projects.
hacking@? :p

I don't mean to block your actions with my previous mail. I just
intend to interject and ask us to think about whether or not it's
worth making Yet Another List.

--j