[Rack] how to open noisebridge door from computers

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sat Feb 18 21:31:37 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Wladyslaw Zbikowski
<embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep, I hope I put it all back together right. If you want to try add
> codes the list is /usr/local/share/baron/codes.txt. The daemon reloads
> the code file every 10 seconds. It uses Upstart so "sudo service
> start/stop baron" will control it.
>
> I also updated some of the connector labels around minotaur; the
> configuration is
>
> ttyS0 switch2 console
> ttyS1 bikeshed console
> ttyS2 apcupsd
> ttyS3 noisebridge-baron
>
> Looks like we're ready to set up the phone booth :-)

Wow, it's really awesome to be seeing this all come together.

FYI -- there'a Noisebridge "organization" on GitHub that we can
organize Noisebridge-related projects under. If anyone's interested, I
can add you in.

Also, somewhat related is the actual mechanism of buzzing open the
door. Right now, it's that crazy parallel port/optoisolator
contraption and my hack C daemon to trigger it.
When the time comes to run some Cat5 downstairs, could two cables get
run instead? If so, we've got a Power-over-Ethernet Arduino that I'm
trying to get hooked up to control the door. It might be nice if we
can mount that all downstairs.

Looking really sharp, all around guys!

Cheers,
jof