[Rack] mchawking ip address still broken

Wladyslaw Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 06:30:56 UTC 2012

A public IP for mchawkins seems like a good solution. I also tried
port forwarding for the video through pony using socat. Unfortunately
while port forwarding works fine on the internal network, I couldn't
connect using pony's public IP:

jesse at pony:~$ MCHAWKING=172.30.0.50:8081
jesse at pony:~$ socat TCP-LISTEN:1111,fork TCP:$MCHAWKING

vlc http://pony.noise:1111/ works but
http://pony.noisebridge.net:1111/ does not.

jesse at barony:~$ nmap -p 1111 pony.noisebridge.net
Nmap scan report for pony.noisebridge.net (75.101.62.89)
1111/tcp closed unknown
jesse at barony:~$ nmap -p 1111 pony.noise
Nmap scan report for pony.noise (172.30.0.30)
rDNS record for 172.30.0.30: pony
1111/tcp open  unknown