[Rack] Oddity on 75.101.62.88

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Jun 18 21:16:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:
> I vote that we get our own AS number and BGP like crazy people

It's not crazy, and we really could do it, albeit over tunnels for most paths.

Getting IP space is getting increasingly harder, but not impossible.
What's tough is justifying an initial allocation from ARIN. We'd need
to be able to show that we're already making use of 80% of the space
we would ask for.

We could probably get a micro allocation as a /24 for our purposes.

For an AS, we'd need to show intent and follow through on multihoming
through 2+ providers.

It'll also cost a couple thousand bucks in registration fees.

--j