[Rack] Fwd: [Noisebridge-discuss] intertubez are down

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Jun 21 19:46:45 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Susan Werner <heinousbutch at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Juniper switch in the rack has a red ALM light on, I can associate with
>> "noisebridge", but DHCP requests are not answered. a tcpdump shows:
>
> I can no longer reach the Juniper switch, but I think there may not
> have been a rescue configuration saved. This will show as an "alarm".
> The proper operation of that switch isn't necessary for the network to
> operate normally.
>
> I'll check on the DHCP server momentarily.

Uh oh. It seems like the router may be down.

It's a beige/off-teal box with some ethernet plugs and one serial
plug, mounted on the wall-o-tubes.
Maybe see that's powered up?

I can reach minotaur (the little ITX bare-motherboard computer) up
there, though. So there is power at least to some of it.

--j