[Rack] Fwd: [Noisebridge-discuss] intertubez are down

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Jun 21 20:05:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
> Uh oh. It seems like the router may be down.
>
> It's a beige/off-teal box with some ethernet plugs and one serial
> plug, mounted on the wall-o-tubes.
> Maybe see that's powered up?
>
> I can reach minotaur (the little ITX bare-motherboard computer) up
> there, though. So there is power at least to some of it.

I'm talking with Susan on IRC.

Apparently someone or some robot doocratically moved the Ethernet
downlink from the router away from the small, core switch up on the
wall-o-tubes and down into the rats nest of kabelsalat in the closet
somewhere.

Does anyone know why this was done? It's not a problem, per se... I'm
just curious why it came about.

--j