[Rack] Pony?

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Jan 8 21:47:01 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, seems like pony is still unreachable.
>>
>> I think this is going to take hooking a monitor up and figuring out
>> what's going on.
>>
>> I don't think it's worth it to migrate pony, as this doesn't seem to
>> be an issue with pony itself, but the hypervisor on which it's
>> running.
>

> Yeah, this was more aimed at Ben - I think getting the VMs back up takes
> some handholding that he knows how to do.

Gotcha. I think I can do this, but it's just a matter of finding time
to spend at 2169, as there doesn't seem to be a rebooter and remote
serial anymore.

>> Even if we move it, I fully expect that it's going to get a ton of
>> packages and scripts running on it again.
>> I don't think anything surrounding who's using it and how would really
>> change.
>

> Oh me neither, I just think that occasionally it's useful to start from
> scratch and start again to get rid of cruft. We have a new generation of
> users at Noisebridge these days, and it'd be nice to give them a shell and
> system to navigate it withtout them feeling they have to tread on eggshells.

Do new or current pony users have problems (other than it being
offline right now).
I guess I'm failing to see an issue with the current pony, but I'm
lacking the perspective of a new user.

--j