[Rack] Pony?

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Tue Jan 8 21:32:38 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:

> Yeah, seems like pony is still unreachable.
>
> I think this is going to take hooking a monitor up and figuring out
> what's going on.
>
> I don't think it's worth it to migrate pony, as this doesn't seem to
> be an issue with pony itself, but the hypervisor on which it's
> running.

Yeah, this was more aimed at Ben - I think getting the VMs back up takes
some handholding that he knows how to do.

> Even if we move it, I fully expect that it's going to get a ton of
> packages and scripts running on it again.
> I don't think anything surrounding who's using it and how would really
> change.

Oh me neither, I just think that occasionally it's useful to start from
scratch and start again to get rid of cruft. We have a new generation of
users at Noisebridge these days, and it'd be nice to give them a shell and
system to navigate it withtout them feeling they have to tread on eggshells.

d.