[Rack] target blank

johnyradio johnyradio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 06:40:25 UTC 2013

More philosophical discussion, feel free to ignore.

On Oct 21, 2013, at 2:23 PM, johnyradio <johnyradio at gmail.com

On 10/21/2013 2:24 PM, Jeffrey Carl Faden wrote:
> Sure, it's a good attribute to use for external links.
> You can quote me on that.
> Jeffrey

Jeffrey Carl is not necessarily endorsing that for the wiki, just in
general. His opinion does not necessarily count for much-- he teaches
"Frontend Web Development" classes at Noisebridge, a 6-month, 4
hours/week curriculum which includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Ruby, and
"best practices".
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Frontend_Web_Development

As tech tutor who teaches computers and electronics to total beginners,
I'm familiar with the pain-points of beginners. My goal is convenience
for users.

If the Rack group was against this globally, that would be reasonable,
as that would impact other authors. But to be against it as an option,
as a choice, which will not affect any links except where the author
explicitly specifies, seems quite dictatorial to me. The goal is not
convenience for anyone, just imposing and restricting, in opposition to
NB's supposed ideals of no-rules and non-hierarchy.

--

Johny Radio