[Rack] Networking as of 2013-10-02

Nick Owens mischief at 9.offblast.org
Sun Oct 13 05:11:30 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 02:58:28AM -0700, Jonathan Lassoff wrote:
> Sure. I just need to get the shelf moved so I can get a ladder to get
> up next to it and plug it back into the switch so that pony/minotaur
> can work.

martin and i have moved the equipment rack, and i have attempted to
scope out the situation. it would appear the DSL is completely
disconnected from our network, but it does work as i am writing this
email from 75.101.62.88 :)

our only uplink at this time is monkeybrains. it is unclear from the
noisebridge wiki Network page how the different uplinks are to be
connected to bikeshed, which i assume is the net6501 in the upper rack.

802.11a seems completely broke. i don't have a card with a, but others
said it appeared for a while and then disappeared.

802.11b/g/n is being served by a belkin home router on the desks in the
front of the space. :(

perhaps we can arrange a time to solve this, jof? i am interested to
learn more.

mischief