[Rack] Networking as of 2013-10-02

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sun Oct 13 05:48:39 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 10:11 PM, Nick Owens <mischief at 9.offblast.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 02:58:28AM -0700, Jonathan Lassoff wrote:
>> Sure. I just need to get the shelf moved so I can get a ladder to get
>> up next to it and plug it back into the switch so that pony/minotaur
>> can work.
>>

> martin and i have moved the equipment rack, and i have attempted to
> scope out the situation. it would appear the DSL is completely
> disconnected from our network, but it does work as i am writing this
> email from 75.101.62.88 :)

Which rack was moved? The mini-rack, or the shelf blocking a ladder?

Yes, DSL works, but it got disconnected from the switch. I've got to
cable into the console port of the switch to see which port it should
go it.
Once done, it'll bridge in minotaur and pony into Sonic.net

> our only uplink at this time is monkeybrains. it is unclear from the
> noisebridge wiki Network page how the different uplinks are to be
> connected to bikeshed, which i assume is the net6501 in the upper rack.

Bikeshed is a Soekris net5501, I think. It's missing.
The net6501 up there is the new minotaur.

> 802.11a seems completely broke. i don't have a card with a, but others
> said it appeared for a while and then disappeared.

Yeah, when I looked it was getting bridged into Monkeybrains with no
router. It seems to luck of the draw if DHCP works.

> 802.11b/g/n is being served by a belkin home router on the desks in the
> front of the space. :(

kwalitee.

> perhaps we can arrange a time to solve this, jof? i am interested to
> learn more.

Yes, I'm excited to get this repaired.

Just need to somehow find the bikeshed Soekris router and get ladder
access going.