[Rack] Lock Wiki Page

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Apr 7 11:47:12 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 10:59:36AM +0000, Johny Radio wrote:
> I guess you accidentally reverted it to the spammed version, because
> it wasn't the way i left it, it was the spammed version after your
> edit.

First, the anon edits on the NoiseHack page aren't spam, they're
trolling.

Second, I fucking copy and pasted the log message showing that I left
the page in exactly the state you left it in.  While you were reading,
your troll came along and edited at around 00:56.  Sometimes I'm
incompetent and sometimes I make a mistake, but in this case it's pretty
annoying of you to displace responsibility and incorrectly accuse me of
incompetence.

Frankly, I don't understand your wiki page nor the event you're running,
but then I'm not in your target audience so I guess that's no big
problem.  You might want to experiment with more sophisticated wiki
formatting techniques, the <center> and indent-for-monospace formatting
feels pretty Geocities, and the ALLCAPS for random EMPHASIS is
obnoxious.

Another thing -- if you want to discard a bunch of edits, just go back
to the page version you want in History, click on the timestamp to visit
the "old page", then click "edit", then click "save" on the resulting
page.  Your current technique of using the "undo" link for every edit is
super annoying.

> Can you please lock out anonymous edits?

AFAIK, the options are
 - unprotected
 - semiprotected
 - full protected

It appears that semiprotected is fairly close to what you want; anon
users and "unregistered accounts" cannot edit.  A random account I just
created seems to not be able to edit, while a random account I created a
few years ago can edit.  So let's try that.  Let me know if you see any
problems.

(Let the troll accounts begin!)

-andy