[Rack] Ideas for the network rebuild

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Wed Sep 3 03:52:20 UTC 2014

Thanks, Rubin, for writing all of this up. My personal opinion is this:

1. Redundancy is overrated. This is a hackerspace, not a data center. If the tubes are down for a bit, so be it.

2. I love sonic so much but copper just sucks. There is too little bandwidth and the line is a pain.

3. If we really need redundant connections, we should try SFLan.

If folks wanna keep sonic, that's cool. It doesn't matter much, really.