[Rack] Book scanner ethernet

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Tue Jan 20 02:15:35 UTC 2015

So while going through and testing out the ethernet ports, Jof and I
noticed that the book scanner was connect to this half way jank ethernet
extension thing going across the space to the column where all the AV
gear is. I figured this was because the ethernet port the column where
the book scanner is was bunk. That's been fixed today and I've plugged
that ethernet cord directly into that port and pulled the jank cable.

While doing so I noticed that there's a Linksys/Cisco home wifi router
hooked up. I'm not sure if it's acting as a poor mans switch or what.
There's some concern that someone random who isn't reading this might go
and plug in cables from that back into the network and start spewing
DHCP in all the wrong places.

Is there anyway I could help to make this device go away? For the book
scanner do you simply need another ethernet port on that column? Is the
book scanner going to live somewhere else that we can run more ethernet to?

Thanks!

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net