[Redshirts] Shift Report: First Half of Monday Shift, 6/24

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Tue Jun 25 22:21:21 UTC 2013

Said hello to lots of people, showed someone how to use the drill press,
and sorted through lots of announcements.

An idea that was kicked around:  Setting up a "Docent Station" at the front
of the space, essentially in the current walkway, between the pillar and
the shop wall; this would involve moving the big table currently there
somewhere else.

As I was handing shift over to J.C., lots of occupy people were showing up,
including a dude with a dog named "occupy."

--S

PS, Lief volunteered for a Wednesday shift, provided that he doesn't have
to wear a red shirt, because he objects to the symbolic assumption of
authority; I said fine, and intend to create for him a whilte t-shirt with
black lettering "Red Shirt".

This means that we currently have coverage:

Monday 8-12: J.C.
Tuesday 8-12: ---
Wednesday 8-12: Lief
Thursday 8-12: Shannon
Friday 8-12:  ---
Saturday 8-12: Andrew
Sunday 8-12: ---

So that's three shifts still left to cover.

Lief also showed me a new calendar-oriented wiki template, so I'm going to
attempt to make a Docent Schedule in the wiki as soon as the cert stops
being messed up.

--
Shannon Lee
(503) 539-3700