[Redshirts] Shift Report: Thursday, 6/27/2013, 2000-0000

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Fri Jun 28 08:30:56 UTC 2013

Hi Redshirts,

It was a busy night, though not a conflict-y night.

Lots of people coming and going, for Replicator Thursdays, the coffee
roasting event, the web-front-end class, et cetera.  I gave a lot of tours
and showed a lot of people around.

I talked to a lot of people about being Docents; there are five new people
on the list, including a pair of genuine Shop Heros (pic included): someone
brought in a nice but dusty mill and laid the pieces of it in the shop, and
Mark and Joel got it working and set up!  Amazing stuff.

Speaking of which, there's now a Docent/Greeter area near the front of the
space; Dana gave me some lights to decorate the pillar, there is a remote
control on the desk which makes the lights change.  I highly recommend
spending some time playing with it.

On a sadder note, it turns out that Harvey has been thrown out of his
place, and has been stashing stuff all over Noisebridge.  People were
trying to figure out what all was his and pile it somewhere for him to deal
with.

It being Thursday, the trash got taken out.

--
Shannon Lee
(503) 539-3700