[Redshirts] Schedule!

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 22:49:51 UTC 2013

On 6/28/2013 3:02 PM, Shannon Lee wrote:
> There hasn't been a meeting yet, no; though it is a really good idea,
> we should have one at least once per month or so.

i'd like to suggest something radical, and NOT have a monthly meeting.
Some of us are incredibly busy, we don't have the space to cram another
monthly meeting into our packed schedules. We should minimize
administrative overhead, and maximize benefit to the space.

We should not need a monthly meeting, since the Greeting process should
be pretty straightforward. I suggest a spate of meetings at the
beginning, then trail off:

  * meet once, a few days from now, to quickly and collectively write a
    short and simple Greeter's Mission,  solve scheduling, and take up tasks
  * meet 1 to 2 weeks later to review on-the-floor experience,
    collectively write a practical Greeters Guide which can be posted
    physically at the Greeter desk, and take up tasks
  * meet a month later to review
  * meet once every 3 to 6 months thereafter
  * use the list for all other discussion and administration

Frankly, I'm not sure how comfortable i am having to wear an official
shirt. I don't like the image it creates, like some kind of dork
uniform. I have my own style. Noisebridge represents freedom and
individuality. I think it will reduce the number of volunteers you get,
cuz i'm not the only one who will feel this way. I'm much more
comfortable with a hat or accessory.

Also, before one spends a bunch of money on something affecting a bunch
of other people, i humbly suggest one run it by people first.

Thanks for all you do,

Johny Radio

Stick It In Your Ear!