[Redshirts] Schedule!

daravinne daravinne at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 23:17:51 UTC 2013

i am not a hat person. i would be pretty irritated if i had to wear a hat
as part of a uniform. it's too personal an item.  shirts are perfect, and i
already know how i'm going to customize mine to make it more comfortable (i
cut the necklines out of my tshirts because i don't like feeling choked).

I spoke with Shannon about this at nb after the last 5mof;  I want to have
at least one meeting where I bring the ranger manual in and we go over the
techniques in it and chat about them.  I took ranger training before the
last burn (though I ended up not rangering, I was working on an art project
as well).  Black Rock rangers aren't cops or security, but they are meant
to provide noninvasive conflict resolution and other gently applied roles,
and honestly have a very hands off way of working. I think they are a good
analogue to the way we want docents to work.

The other thing about the meetings that I brought up to shannon, in person,
was that for a job like docents we need a lot of in-team support.
 Basically: the team that docents together, beers together.  We need to
make sure we go do fun things like get shitfaced at zeitgeist or uptown as
a team, so we don't end up doing an emotionally draining thankless task
with zero upsides or camraderie.