[Redshirts] Thursday night shift report: police called

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 20:32:00 UTC 2013

On 9/5/2013 11:54 PM, Ben Kochie wrote:
> Calling the cops for that is not excellent.  I consider this person
> unwelcome in the space.  Please post a description and ask them to not
> return.

Vee is one of the best people in the space. She a bit of an odd bird,
but she does not use the space for cooking etc. She cleans up all the
time, she organized the library, pushes non-hackers to clean up when
they leave messes and complains to them when they don't clean up, and
she has worked the door for me as greeter multiple times when i've
organized hacking events. She never creates drama.

Saying "calling the cops is not excellent" as a blanket statement is not
legit, as members and others have called the cops many times to deal
with threatening or inappropriate people.

Whether it's appropriate to call the cops for almost throwing away her
bag is maybe not, but you did almost discard her belongings without
first giving her a chance to claim them. Yeah, she over-reacted, but she
was not trying to cause trouble.

-

Johny Radio

Stick It In Your Ear!