[Redshirts] Thursday night shift report: police called

Ben Kochie superq at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 23:29:22 UTC 2013

That is NOT what I said.

"Calling the cops *for that* is not excellent"

My opinion still stands. Our standards for Noisebridge getting police
involved are VERY high. This precedent was set well before your time Johny.
At one point at 83c we were talking about how to remove problem people from
the space. I suggested calling the cops to have them removed. I was told
no, this was not OK, and internal solutions were required for anything
short of physical violence in the space.

We do not want cops around, we do not want become "that place" for law
enforcement. Anyone calling the cops for anything short of having to remove
a violent individual is not welcome at Noisebridge.