[Redshirts] Thursday night shift report: police called

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 08:46:41 UTC 2013

Link, easy my good man. No need to get over-excited.

On 9/6/2013 4:29 PM, Ben Kochie wrote:
> That is NOT what I said.
> "Calling the cops *for that* is not excellent"
> My opinion still stands.

Ben, my bad for misreading your text.

> At one point at 83c ...I suggested calling the cops ...I was told no,
> this was not OK, and internal solutions were required for anything
> short of physical violence in the space.

I think there may have been some failure to adequately communicate this
rule to new users.

I understand the desire not to have police in the space, as police are
party-poopers. But I wonder if the original intent of this requirement
might have been to simply /encourage /noisebridgers to resolve issues
autonomously, rather than a strict "thou shalt not call the police for
reasons other than threat of violence, on penalty of being banished from
Noisebridge" edict.

Although, as you point out, i was not there.

I think the police have been called to nb on more than one non-violent
occasion in the past 24 months, and i don't recall anyone being  removed
from the space for it.

Now, if nb is going to invite people to leave for the crime of not
hacking, building, making, learning, teaching, or exhibiting, that seems
like something nobody can claim they didn't know about.

Thx

Johny Radio