[schemers] memory allocation

Jay Reynolds Freeman jay_reynolds_freeman at mac.com
Tue Apr 5 03:35:27 UTC 2011

On the suspicion that what you are interested in is perhaps more garbage collection than mere memory-allocation itself -- the latter is pretty simple, usually -- may I recommend

    Richard Jones and Rafael Lins, 1996. Garbage Collection: Algorithms for Automatic
        Dynamic Memory Management, Wiley.

Another good book about the low-level workings of Lisps is

    Peter Henderson, 1980. Functional Programming Application and Implementation, Prentice-Hall.

Jay Reynolds Freeman
Jay_Reynolds_Freeman at mac.com
http://web.mac.com/Jay_Reynolds_Freeman