[Sem] SEM startup

Larry Ackerman larry at SaintRubidium.com
Sun Feb 28 06:20:39 UTC 2010

The SEM exterior has been cleaned up a bit. Initially the rotary pump
did not start but Mike determined that the cable was not plugged in
properly. A new label indicates the proper position. Subsequently vacuum
was attained. There was no dark current reading but when emission was
turned up a current did appear but no image signal was visible on the
monitor. I was out of time so shut it down.

I cleaned all the column parts that were in the parts box. They are
wrapped in optical cloth.  Please do not touch them with bare skin. I
will bring some optical  tissue next time for handling parts.

Pleased to meet Joachim for a few minutes.
Larry

--
Larry Ackerman
San Francisco