[Sem] Retaining the SEM and building a sputter coater

Jeff Miller mysterylectricity at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 10 06:57:01 UTC 2013

Hi John,

What did you end up with, turbo-wise? I do a brisk business in those, have a good dozen or so. It's hard to find a good one on the cheap.
You really can't evaluate the bearings until they are at full speed under vacuum.

Weekends work well for me too, esp. Saturdays.

I've been looking into commercial sputter coaters and they're just about as simple as I expected. One thing I hadn't thought much about was a thermocouple gauge for it. I probably have a tube I can donate but not a readout/meter. They're pretty simple in theory so anyone willing to solder one up...please step forward. We might be able to find a Mini-Convectron on Ebay for about $50... _maybe_.

-Jeff