[Sewing] serger broken again

Rachel Lyra Hospodar rachel at fernworks.net
Thu May 27 22:24:03 UTC 2010

hey y'all! (i just subscribed to the list, woohoo)
Rachel M's repair guy is from the same shop that i use, around the
corner from my place, so i will go by there and chat with them.  i may
not be able to set it up until next week (eek memorial day) but am happy
to handle it.  I'll let you guys know when the deed has been done, and
how much it costed in case anyone wants to help pay for it.  IIRC he's
about $50/hour, every time i've had them come it's only been an hour.

As a note i found two halves of an aluminum eyelet/grommet inside of the
machine when i was cleaning it out, and it was threaded all crazy-style,
ie not following the diagrams.  Careful out there!  Happy to show anyone
how to open the serger and rethread it if they need, also happy to get
an email that says "eek, i messed up the threading and can't figure it
out and it's 2am and i have to leave now, oops"

xoxx

rachel at mediumreality.com <-on my phone

RLH.