[nb-soc] Helpful wiki page

Mitchel McAllister xonimmortal at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 13 18:48:09 UTC 2012

--- On Fri, 10/12/12, Leif Ryge <leif at synthesize.us> wrote:

>> Troll detected.

So this is the only response to the first post to the list in over 6 months?

First of all, your characterization of me as a "troll" does not fit the reality. Unlike internet trolls, I am more than willing to discuss this in person, I take ownership of my post, I recognize and accept responsibility for the consequences of my post, and I have not said anything I would not say in person (as a matter of fact, I have said it in person).

Second of all, characterizing me as a troll is an excessive in oppression. By applying the pejorative, you remove my voice and denigrate my contributions. If I am a troll, after all, then nothing I say has value, and people can safely ignore me without consequence. There is no supporting evidence for the application of said label, therefore there is no way to refute or defend the argument.

Third, you refused to answer the points I raised. If you had a cogent argument to make, you would have.

Fourth, I'd be more than happy to add a "Troll" page to the wiki, but the points I raised would still need to be addressed for that page as well.

- Reverend Mik
This signature makes you angry.