[Space] draft blog post

Michael O m at dgmo.org
Tue Feb 9 08:48:49 UTC 2010

The orientation sensor is supposedly showing pitch,roll,yaw angles as
derived from the magnetometer.

The accelerometer is supposedly showing meters/second^2 acceleration per
X,Y,Z axis. So it should show 9.8m/s^2 on the ground.
I seriously mis-trust the accelerometer data. It's showing acceleration
values that are way too high or too low at different parts of the flight.

The GPS data is also mildly strange. It looks like the GPS is low-pass
filtering altitude, and it's unable to cope with the high ascent and decent
rates. That's my best guess for why it steps altitude by up to 500 meters on
occasion. The lat/long data looks fine; it's just the altitude.

I'm yet to go and take a close look at the acceleration directions (I just
did the magnitude) so it may be that the payload really was swinging that
wildly...