[Space] Inner Space

Jonathan Moore moore at eds.org
Sun Feb 21 18:09:15 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com> wrote:

> Is it even possible to track GPS data, pressure data, etc? If we were to
> create an airtight delivery system for a G1 - what do you think the chances
> are for even getting a signal that far under water?

Radio dose not work well underwater, but sound dose.

>  Are there techniques to  boost the signal? How much do these problems parallel problems that may
> occur with outer space delivery?

I think space a underwater exploration are very different things. (
unless you are mapping the sea from space. )

> Underwater Robot for tracking, video, self propelling, etc.... even
> possible????

The way that you get maps of the sea floor is with combination of
boats, GPS, and sonar. For large scale you can also by sattelite map
the big features by looking at how then effect the sufarace of the
sea.

I am not a expert at this stuff and I am sure there are things I am
missing but in general this is how it works.

-Jonathan