[Space] update

Mikolaj Habryn dichro at rcpt.to
Sun Feb 7 08:25:25 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 12:19 AM,  <nils at shkoo.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Feb 2010, Mikolaj Habryn wrote:
>>
>> APRS is still not making me happy, but we'll take the beacon out for a
>> drive up to the top of a hill later tonight and see if the internet
>> gateway in Berkeley can pick us up.
>
> Are you using Christie's callsign or someone else's?  I don't see any KJ6ERM
> beacons up on http://aprs.fi/. :(
>
> This digipeater is pretty close to noisebridge so you shouldn't have much
> trouble hitting it if you're testing from there:
>
> http://aprs.fi/heard/N6WKZ-3
>
> It picked me up fine at NB with my 5W HT.

That's a problem :( means there might not be a lot of point doing the
drive around. We were having trouble even picking up a clear sent
packet inside NB, but didn't know whether that was a send side or
receive side problem - the fact that we weren't seeing any other APRS
packets suggested receive problems, but could well have been both :(

We're going to grab food now, but will return shortly to bang on it again.

(and yes, we are using Kristie's callsign)

m.